Kina's Reviews > Wild Thing

Wild Thing by Kim Cormack

I give this book 4 fangs

I received this book and had never heard of the series or author, I have read a lot of paranormal romance and even though that is the genre this book is in I would classify it as paranormal/ horror romance. I had a difficult time reading the beginning it is very graphic with violence and depravities against an 11 yr old girl Lexy the Heroine and some other children.
I try very hard to judge books only against themselves not to compare them to other books I've read because this is not one I probably would have chosen on my own due to the graphic violence. However I actually became enthralled by the story behind the half immortal children that must survive their correction and the happenings of the children of ankh.
Lexy is amazing so strong and courageous she is a dragon that has risen above everything that was done to her and is unstoppable against anything that gets in her way. As she grows and adjusts to her immortal life she must learn about the world and how to function in everyday situations that are completely foreign to her because of her childhood or lack there of.
Through her handler Gray another child of ankh she discovers what it is to care and be cared for to love and be loved although a cruel fate is at hand and she can never have the one she truly wants.
This story is very well written the characters are very in depth and I felt very connected to them. Through all their trials and situations their is a level of humor not unlike some horror movies where there are people killing zombies but you there is humor in the situations. It's a dark twisted humor and it's certainly not for everyone.
I would like to read more about the characters both secondary and the main ones.

Their is graphic violence against children and adults and very disturbing situations.

*****Reviewer for paranormal romance and authors that rock.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Thing.

Started Reading