Cee (The Mistress Case)'s Reviews > When Beauty Tamed the Beast

Aug 10, 2015

it was ok
bookshelves: book-cover-whore

After Reading:

This is, by far, not the worst EJ book I've read. It was pretty decent and the chemistry was passable. However, while I was pulled in by the witty banter, the over-the-top dialogs got on my nerves, and reading became a snooze. Piers lived up to being Beastly/House though and that's a winner.

Also, when it comes to romance, I'm not a fan of multi-povs that includes side-characters too. It's a waste of pages. Just my two cents.

Before Reading:

I know what you're thinking: "Cee, why are you reading this book when over and over again in every EJ book you read, you established the characters are always lusty imbeciles because EJ didn't upgrade in either 2003 or 2015?"

I know, I know, sue me, but hear me out. Khanh likes this book and I'm willing to give EJ the benefit of the doubt. And did I mention the hero is supposedly the Regency House?

Don't expect me to say no to THAT?

If it happens that I don't like this EJ book either, I promise to be civil but still remain critical.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Beauty Tamed the Beast.

August 10, 2015 – Shelved
August 10, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
August 10, 2015 – Shelved as: book-cover-whore
January 5, 2016 – Started Reading
January 6, 2016 –
page 56
15.05% "I'm . . . enjoying this . . . but then it was like that with every EJ book until the "romance" kicked in. Okay, Cee, do yourself a favor and don't think about the other books. The heroine isn't so bad and weak in this one and the hero has a smart mouth. You like that, remember?"
February 3, 2016 – Finished Reading

Nidofito I might pick this up as well as I enjoy B&B retellings

Cee (The Mistress Case) Yep. One of the other reasons why I'm reading this.

message 3: by Henz (new)

Henz yes it's quite taxing to read side characters that are uninteresting .. Wonderful review Cee (^^)

Cee (The Mistress Case) Henz wrote: "yes it's quite taxing to read side characters that are uninteresting .. Wonderful review Cee (^^)"

It's a chore haha. And thanks :)

Avid Booker Did you actually like the heroine? Cuz I was annoyed with her constant flirting to get her way the entire time.

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies Her Duchess series is particularly horrendous.

Avid Booker Khanh (the Grinch) wrote: "Her Duchess series is particularly horrendous."
After reading Four Nights With The Duke, I'm going to vouch for that. After this book, I'm going to just call it quits with Eloisa James altogether too.

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies Lisa Kleypas, Candace Camp, Mary Balogh are all far superior authors.

Avid Booker Khanh (the Grinch) wrote: "Lisa Kleypas, Candace Camp, Mary Balogh are all far superior authors."

I'm going to try those authors then! Lol Tessa Dare is always for the win or at least satisfying, for me. I tried Lisa, she never seems to capture my heart, but I will keep trying.

Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies Their books are quiet, but I find them much more believable and realistically portrayed. The way Mary Balogh writes a romance is an art. Mary Balogh imo is the best author of romance out there.

Cee (The Mistress Case) AVID BOOKER wrote: "Did you actually like the heroine? Cuz I was annoyed with her constant flirting to get her way the entire time."

I loved that she was a heroine who knew she was beautiful and flaunted it. But then she got on my nerves -.-

Cee (The Mistress Case) Khanh (the Grinch) wrote: "Her Duchess series is particularly horrendous."

/shudders/ Don't remind me.
And totally agree about the writers superior to EJ!

Nidofito Yeah, I didn't think you would enjoy this.