Maghon Thomas's Reviews > The Reaper's Kiss

The Reaper's Kiss by Abigail  Baker

3382002
Aug 09, 2015

bookshelves: entangled-publishing, fantasy, paranormal, netgalley

I'll never look at a tattooist the same- ever. Because in here, but the the tattoo is what calls a reaper for your death. Ollie is a scrivener and her scull tattoo has an extra powerful punch. It's a deathmark and you won't be around for long. And the head reaper Marin will make sure you keep up with quotas on a threat worse than death. This is a cool story and has quite a lot of very unique lore surrounding reapers.

Ollie keeps her head down and follows rules. She knows things aren't exactly right but she isn't gunna stick her nose in that. She has her own issue with her hands heating up when she works. She's heard rumors about masters who had this problem and they were all slaughtered for it. So she is extra vigilant to keep this to herself. Until reaper Brent walked into her life. And then chaos ensues.

With Brent, who's both sweet and scary, his southern drawl, his lists of rebel contacts who want to overthrow Marin and her awesome dog Dudley, Ollie finds herself at a cross roads and a beautiful journey. The bad guys are even scarier and it's no longer just her life at stake. And along the way she and Brent find more than just companionship but a world worth living for.

This is a fascinating world the author built. There's a lot more than just reapers with so many levels of things and powers. The suspense was great. The romance was sweet. The bad guys were extra scary. And the loss was heart wrenching. I bought is was a fun read and it was very unique in terms of reaper lore. I loved that. The writing is well done and there's a great little twist with some self sacrifices that blew my mind. And just when I thought it was over, the ending had me begging for more. I really hope there's another book to follow. Seriously! So with that, a very exciting 4.5 PAWS!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reaper's Kiss.

August 9, 2015 – Started Reading