Deanna's Reviews > Recipe for Temptation

Recipe for Temptation by Gina Gordon

*ARC provided by Publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review *

Recipe for Temptation by Gina Gordon is the fourth book in the author’s Madewood Brothers series and the first one I’ve had the pleasure of reading. Since this is a new-to-me author for an ongoing series, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect when I started reading this book, but I have to say, I needn’t have worried at all. The book is fully capable of standing on its own and its two leads, Penn and Cole, pull you into the story right away, which I both loved and appreciated.

This is a fast-paced, well-written read with a forbidden love, boss-employee theme, a serious favorite of mine. In the book, Penn, the heroine has the hots for the hero, her boss, Cole, and she left town on a family vacation to try to get over it, over him, but it proves harder than she thought because he shows up and crashes her family vacation, all under the guise of helping her win her family’s coveted annual vacation trophy.

I loved this book! I loved that it was such a fun, easy, and sexy read that drew me in and took me on a journey with the characters. I related to the heroine, Penn, because let’s face it, who hasn’t, at least once, felt stifled by the expectations others have for us? Who hasn’t had the hots for some guy we think is beyond our reach? Who hasn’t felt a need to get a little distance from that one particular hottie because we think that’s what it takes to get over him?

That’s where the heroine Penn is right now, and it’s that plight that pulled me in and made me want to know more. About her, about her family, and about the guy, her boss, Cole. Combine that with her desire to prove herself to her family and win their annual vacation game…and yeah, I was totally hooked on this one.

Cole is an epic hottie. I knew that the second he graced his first page because Penn told me he was and I believed her, and he more than proved it to be true as well. I mean, even his name is sexy. Cole Murphy. And he’s the kind of sexy that’s both understated and full-on sex-on-a-stick, which I don’t even know how that works exactly but it sure worked for him—and for me.

If you love fun, sexy adventure stories where bosses and employees are looking to become more and forbidden love becomes less forbidden by the day then Recipe for Temptation by Gina Gordon is the perfect read for you. I loved every single word of it and fully plan on buying the first three books in this series and devouring them, too. So, so good!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Recipe for Temptation.

August 9, 2015 – Started Reading