Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin's Reviews > My Sister's Grave

My Sister's Grave by Robert Dugoni

Aug 08, 2015

bookshelves: kindle-unlimited, mystery-thriller-etc

MY BLOG: Melissa Martin's Reading List

I thought the book was good! There are a lot of twists and turns for sure! And I didn't even pay attention that this is the first book so I'm guessing this is a series! Yay! I like Tracy Crosswhite's character.

Tracy is a detective, she decided this when her sister Sarah disappeared 20 years ago and there was never any closure for Tracy. The town of Cedar Grove put a man named Edmund House away for the crime, but something seemed off to Tracy...none of the evidence seemed right, but no one would listen to her. The town, including her father, said it was Edmund because he was in jail for a short 6 years for beating and raping a girl...6 years.. yeah..

The book goes back and forth between now and when Tracy and Sarah were last together. You get little clues along the way. Most of it was pretty obvious at one point but then they turn around and throw a twist in there!

Anyway, so these remains were found by a mans dog while they were out in the woods. These remains were proven to be Tracy's sister Sarah. Tracy immediately goes to Cedar Grove from Seattle to be involved in what is going on. Sarah's remains were found in the woods, but something was weird about the findings....no.. I'm not saying what!

Tracy and Sarah were friends with Dan and a bunch of kids growing up.. it is a small town. Anyway, Tracy catches up with Dan and he is a lawyer, she asks him to take a look at all of the work she has kept on the case for 20 years. She tells him there are some things that don't add up. Dan decides to take on the case with Tracy because he can see the things she pointed out to him. It's like really... you people just let this go through?

Oh and Dan has two cool dogs named Sherlock and Rex, they are Rhodesian Ridgeback/Mastiff mixes. Needless to say they are huge and cool. I always have to mention the dogs... moving on...

Every turn that Tracy and Dan make, they find more secrets and someone starts threatening their lives. I mean you have to have that right?

It all comes out in the end and it wasn't what I was expecting. Like I said before, some things you know right off the bat, but then the author just twists it around a little bit and your like.. REALLY!?

All in all, I liked the book a lot and I plan on reading more Tracy Crosswhite books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Sister's Grave.

August 8, 2015 – Shelved
August 8, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
December 15, 2015 – Started Reading
December 15, 2015 – Shelved as: kindle-unlimited
December 15, 2015 – Shelved as: mystery-thriller-etc
December 22, 2015 –
December 26, 2015 –
December 26, 2015 – Finished Reading

Ivonne Rovira Just finished it. What a great choice!

Ivonne Rovira I gave you a shout-out in my review.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Oh Ivonne, I'm so glad you finished it. I will start it before December is over, I'm trying to read some of my shorter challenge books first.

I will look at your review. :)

message 4: by sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

sue I loved this one

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I hope to start it tomorrow. I'm excited for it :-)

message 6: by Carol (new) - added it

Carol Sounds good....great review!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you Carol! I thought it was great! If you read it, I hope you like it too, it's on kindle unlimited right now :-)

message 8: by Carol (new) - added it

Carol Melissa wrote: "Thank you Carol! I thought it was great! If you read it, I hope you like it too, it's on kindle unlimited right now :-)"

Thanks Melissa! I hope to be able to get back to reading tomorrow....yeah!!!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Your welcome and good luck :-)

Tom Swift This one was good. I have read a few from this author.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Oh, I'm glad you liked it Tom, this is the first book that I have read from this author that I know of, I want to read more books for sure. :-)

message 12: by Deanna (new)

Deanna great review! must read soon :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you hon! ❤. I hope you get to read it soon :-)

Ivonne Rovira Carol wrote: "Sounds good....great review!"

I have to agree with Carol about your great review. If I hadn't already read it, I would be getting it for sure. I, too, saw that it's the first in a series, which I find surprising. I don't really see where the author can go from here, but ...

Also, were you surprised that the author is a man? He sure knows how women think, I'll tell you.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I know! I can't believe you thought that too, about the author :-)

I'm thinking maybe they will have different mysteries with her and tell more about her and Dan, if they have a future.

Ivonne Rovira Melissa wrote: "Thank you hon! ❤. I hope you get to read it soon :-)"

And, if you get it on Kindle Unlimited (and the sequel, too), you can buy the Audible version for $1.99. What a great deal!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I don't use audible but that is an awesome deal :-)

Tammy I am going to start this one this week, glad you liked it.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Oh, I hope you like it too :-)