LARRY's Reviews > Eyes of Desire 2: A Deaf GLBT Reader

Jan 25, 2008

bookshelves: deaf-world, rainbowland
Read in April, 2008

As posted in [http://www.amazon.com]:

The first thing I did when I got this book was making a beeline to my story that I had submitted to Raymond Luczak, the editor of *Eyes of Desire 2*. You should see the big smile I had on my face.

I vividly remember when a friend introduced me to the first *Eyes of Desire*. I was entranced because there was a book on Deaf GLBT's, telling about their lives and experiences. Plus, I knew some of the people featured in the book.

After more than a decade had passed, Luczak decided to do "part 2". However, this time, he would include people from a diverse background: gays, lesbians, bisexuals, trangenders, intersexes, racial minorities, internationals, Wiccans and many more. I was honored to have been asked to submit a piece about my life as a Deaf Gay Hispanic man.

*Eyes of Desires 2* is a wonderful anthology of Deaf GLBT's from around the world. People in this book have written about love, coming out, identity (gay and/or Deaf), transitions, frustration, abuse, family, acceptance, language, and many more. Some of them are relatable and others are unique and fascinating.

*Eyes of Desire* (1 & 2) is a labor of love of Luczak's. Without him, none of this would have been possible. So, I truly admire Luczak for making *Eyes of Desire* a reality...for Deaf GLBT's, once again, have a voice to share about their lives.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eyes of Desire 2.