Keri's Reviews > The Hot Zone: The Terrifying True Story of the Origins of the Ebola Virus

The Hot Zone by Richard   Preston

Dec 19, 2010

Loving science and working in the medical field I may be a bit biased. The way the viruses affect the body, the way they duplicate, and how they evolve is fascinating to me. I LOVE this book.
It is a true story about outbreaks around the world of some of the most deadly viruses (like Ebola) known to man. A story about the people who fought, studied, and discovered the lethal viruses, along with the story of those who died and those who survived them.
This is what really happened, not the watered down version the country tells the public... if and when they were told.
Think of the movie Outbreak...though not based upon this book, The Hot Zone is the true story of what really happened, and of what could still happen. The Hot Zone will open your eyes to a world (viruses) you probably never knew and will make your hair stand on end.
Full of insight, tragedy, terror, and triumph, it is a book I highly recommend to those interested in such topics. I have read and reread this book countless times over the years and never tire of it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hot Zone.