Debby 's Reviews > Thinking, Fast and Slow

Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman

An advice for those who are going to read this book: read it SLOWLY. There are times (not once or twice, but many times) that I fell asleep while reading this book; but when I decided to read it slower, I began to realize how interesting this book is. I would recommend this book to those who are interested in psychology and those who keep wondering: "Why can't I be more rational?".

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thinking, Fast and Slow.

Quotes Debby Liked

Daniel Kahneman
“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”

Daniel Kahneman
“Odd as it may seem, I am my remembering self, and the experiencing self, who does my living, is like a stranger to me.”

Daniel Kahneman
“If you care about being thought credible and intelligent, do not use complex language where simpler language will do.”

Daniel Kahneman
“We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events.”

Daniel Kahneman
“we can be blind to the obvious, and we are also blind to our blindness.”

Daniel Kahneman
“The illusion that we understand the past fosters overconfidence in our ability to predict the future.”

“Familiarity breeds liking.”

Daniel Kahneman
“We are prone to blame decision makers for good decisions that worked out badly and to give them too little credit for successful moves that appear obvious only after the fact.”

August 7, 2015 – Shelved