Silver James's Reviews > Lady Luck

Lady Luck by Kristen Ashley

Aug 06, 2015

bookshelves: 2015-books-read, library, audio-books, 2018-books-read, romance, suspense, keeper
Read 2 times. Last read April 13, 2018 to April 15, 2018.

Lady Luck (Colorado Mountain, #3) by Kristen Ashley I haven't read Ms. Ashley's Colorado Mountain series in a few years, though I have revisited her other series. I have the same questions posed in my original review but this time? It's easier to suspend disbelief after hoovering through almost every book she's ever written in the past few years. I've also discovered something that tweaks the writer in me. Ms. Ashley does a remarkable job of layering in a series plot arc and tying diverse characters together. Emma Taylor's narration just adds to the story. Ty and Lexie are still compelling characters and the corruption plot that started in SWEET DREAMS and continues on through more of this series.

Original 2015 Review: Ty and Lexie. He just got out of prison for doing time for a crime he didn't commit. She's doing a bad guy a favor in hopes of getting out from under his thumb. Ty needs a wife. Lexie needs a man who cares. It's...complicated. Interesting, but complicated.

Even though I enjoyed the heck out of the story and loved the characters, I have some problems. One, he did a nickle (five years) on a manslaughter charge with only a year of probation. This manslaughter charge involved a drug dealer. Uhm...really? And two, Carnal, Colorado is a small mountain town. There's the main street with business. Period. Yet people there live in amazing houses and drive fantastic cars. I know what the cost of living in Colorado is like. But...you just sort of suspend belief on some of this stuff because the characters are engaging and the series is about friendships and families and falling in love.

In the Colorado Mountain series, the men are stoic yet passionate, the women bubbly even in the face of their troubles--and trouble follows them both. It's a formula that works.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady Luck.

August 6, 2015 – Started Reading