Paige's Reviews > Bloodthirsty

Dec 18, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: ya-books
Read from December 19 to 21, 2010

I picked this book up, spur of the moment at the library. I'd never heard of it before but the back summary of the book had me hooked. When I got home I read others reviews on the book and most were very positive saying it was funny and a fun watching Finbar come into his own skin finally.

I disagree with just about everything people thought about this book. To me it was very childish and immature. Finbar is supposedly a Junior in high school, yet he acts like a 5th grader with a mind from the gutter. It felt like the whole book was centered on sex, boobs, and parties.

Finbar has always lived in the shadow of his twin brother, Luke. Luke is popular, great at sports, and good looking. While Finbar is allergic to the sun, unpopular, sucks at sports, and loves to read When they move to New York and the brothers are finally going to separate schools, Finbar decides he's going to become a vampire because, hey girls love them. Throughout the whole book there are mentions of all sorts or vampire books.

Finbar meets a number of girls in this book. They each see him differently than the other and Finbar doesn't know which Finbar they see is better. When he believes he finally met a girl who likes him for him, he discovers his vampire act has gotten out of control.

While Finbar is finally realizing it's not so bad being who is really is, he also finally comes to an understanding with his brother. All his life, Finbar has thought his brother had it perfect, but comes to find out, Luke has a lot of pressure on him.

I just thought the book could have been a great deal better.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodthirsty.

message 1: by Hera (new)

Hera you just summarized the plot not what you dislike about it, apart from you dislike of the crude humour that is.