Michelle Witte's Reviews > The Girl Who Chased the Moon

The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen

Dec 18, 2010

bookshelves: favorites, magical-realism, adult, reviewed

I love this book and found it one of the most lovely works I've read in awhile. (Well, months. I've stumbled upon some excellent books lately.)

Allen's books all have that feeling of coming home. They offer beauty and gentleness, told with gorgeously evocative language. While I fell in love with Garden Spells first, and it probably remains my first love among her stories, this is a neck-in-neck second place winner.

Sarah writes the kind of stories I want to write, so I gladly look up to her as an excellent example of effortless and exemplary writing. While her books won't likely win major awards, they offer something more: heartfelt tales and characters and lives that stay with you long after the book closes.

Now I'm just anxious for her next to come out. Spring seems a long way off . . .

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Chased the Moon.

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather I also really enjoyed Garden Spells. My first book of 2011. Glad to know that her other ones are worthy reads!