Christine's Reviews > Against the Wind

3219357
Dec 18, 2010

bookshelves: adult, galley
Read in December, 2010

This was a quick read and one that I enjoyed. I wasn't sure how I'd like it when I started, but then the set-up is never the best part to any story. Once the action got going and Sarah and Jackson interacted more, I easily fell into it.

There's a bit of the twist, which I guessed about halfway through, but it wasn't confirmed until almost the end. This added to the plot and made the character involved seem deeper than I originally thought, which helped at the point that it came up because I was starting to dislike him/her. But he/she was redeemed, in my eyes.

While Holly, Sarah's daughter, is a part of the story, she's not always around. I'm kind of glad for that since kids in romance stories usually take away from the lead male and lead female interactions. Holly was in there just enough, so thank you, Kat, for realizing kids are great but they don't need to be in every scene.

Overall, a good book, but one that isn't very memorable. I probably won't be reading the next book unless I can get it from my local library.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Against the Wind.