Helen Barnes's Reviews > Tomorrow's Lies

Tomorrow's Lies by S.R. Grey

**REVIEWED ON BEHALF OF YOUR NEXT HOT READ**
What.A.Read!
This book kept me up all night. Literally, all night long. It has everything you could want in a book; love, heat, jealousy and an evil bitch to get your loathe on.
Flynn & Jaynie have already endured horror that parents spend their lives trying to shelter their children from. The claws of tragedy have already been sunken into this pair of young adults. They're just trying to survive the last year of their time in the foster care system when they're imprisoned together at Crafty Lo's mountain, forced into slavery and starvation under the guise of being 'cared' for by Mrs Lowry and her 19 year old daughter, Allison.
The foster kids there forge a bond akin to their own version of a 'family', bonding through the strain of malnutrition, exhaustion and mandatory labour.
But Flynn & Jaynie never anticipated meeting that one person who keeps you going, giving you hope of a future. They never expected to fall in love.
Allison loathes the fact that she can ration, work and mentally torture this young couple, but she cannot break their bond, their love. She wants Flynn but he cannot abide her
***
Without turning around, I raise my middle finger and shove it high in the air.
"That's the only fuck you'll ever get from me, so savour it."
The bitch will never beat me.

***
This novel has you hooked from the first page, the love, the connection forged between Flynn & Jaynie.
This book has all the innocence of a childhood stolen, with the struggles of coming of age and facing an uncertain future, all written with the beautiful poet flare we've come to expect from SR Grey.
***
"It was our punishment for sneaking out last night."
"No, Jaynie," Flynn corrects. "It was our punishment for falling in love."

***
If you want a tension filled, heart pumping read that's soaked in the sweetness of a first love, a first kiss and the promises of a beautiful tomorrow then this is the book for you! It's about growing, trusting, loving and defying the odds to get what you truly deserve, always putting the one you love before yourself.
5 Stars all the way!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tomorrow's Lies.

August 5, 2015 – Shelved