Julie's Reviews > Gone for You

Gone for You by Jayne Frost

it was ok
bookshelves: book-in-exchange-for-review, romance

Check out more reviews at Little Miss Bookmark!

Lily has a great job at a resort in Dallas. She had no idea what she was in for when this famous guitarist walks into her life. Cameron Knight looked like nothing but trouble but what was wrong with finding out just how much trouble he could be.

I'll just cut to the chase about Gone for You. I struggled with the rating on this one, I didn't know whether to give it one or two stars. Harsh, right? I just really didn't connect with ... anything ... in this book. I will say this, this story is told from the POV of Cameron Knight. It's not too often that you can find a contemporary romance novel written from a male's perspective. I was super intrigued by that. It's interesting to get into someone's head ... especially a dude's because for this character, I figured his head would be full of bong resin and hops. I was correct on the latter. There was a lot of the latter. But there would need to be for the rock and roller cliche to be complete. That also, was harsh. But I'm sorry I'm not sorry. And the reason I'm not sorry is that this book seemed to be one big cliche ... the band getting female attention, the band putting as many notches in their bedposts as they can a night, drunken hookups, the manager that is horrible ... it was all in there. I just expected more, maybe that is why I feel so let down.

I didn't really like any of the characters. They felt like they didn't have any depth ... while you're told portions about each of their backgrounds, it just isn't enough. The characters aren't fleshed out enough to make them seem even semi-real. Well, I take that back. There was one character that I really enjoyed but he literally had maybe a page total out of the whole book that was about him. The sad part is that I felt more connected to him than I did the main hero. It shouldn't be like that. I shouldn't struggle to see these characters as people.

To be honest, the whole book felt like it was written very one-dimensionally. There was conflict but it was resolved too easily, it didn't seem like real life. That's basically my whole issue with this book ... a lack of reality. I won't go on with this any more, I think you got the point. I don't think that this author is for me. Maybe she is for you though, good luck.

* I received this novel in exchange for an honest review *

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone for You.

August 2, 2015 – Started Reading
August 3, 2015 – Shelved
August 3, 2015 –
100.0% "This one is NOT for me.\n [image error]"
August 3, 2015 – Shelved as: book-in-exchange-for-review