Neet's Reviews > Avenged to Death

Avenged to Death by Meg Perry

F 50x66

This is the 10th book in the Jamie Brodie mysteries and a good short read.In this book we find the focus on Jamie and his brothers Kevin and Jeff who get an unexpected cash windfall.As we discovered early on, Jamie's mother was among the casualties of a drunk driver.Jeff has no memory of his mom ( other than the home movies that Jeff has transferred to DVD) and yet often he sees her in his dreams.The father of the young driver at that time was a multimillionaire and has left an inheritance of a substantial amount to the children whose parents were either killed or physically damaged by the actions of his son.There are 9 children plus a mystery woman that will divide the amount on his will.Money changes everything.Jeff gets upset with the thought of taking blood money as he calls it.Not looking at the big picture or how the money will benefit his family or his business, Jeff lashes out in the worse way at Jamie.Jamie is cautious and realistic about how the money will affect him.It will benefit him and Pete, will help him care for both their fathers and allow them to ease into retirement when the time comes.Kevin who has been having problems with his line-in girlfriend Abby wants the money and hasn't decided what he'll do with it.I love Kevin, and hate that he has to go through the turmoil that Abby has set forth.Abby, seems to be immature and constantly seeking advice from an older petulant sister,who would rather see with a deadbeat drug addict , than a hard working and faithful homicide detective.Also, I love the way Kevin is Jamie's staunchest supporter and is always there for his little brother.We get a little glimmer of hopefully a person that might be a better fit romantically and intellectually for Kevin.I won't say more, only that this is a bitter sweet book in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Avenged to Death.

August 2, 2015 – Shelved