Emily Selleck's Reviews > Wyrd Sisters

Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett

bookshelves: digital, fantasy, book-club-read

I finished this book in two days! It was fantastic! Here are a few of my thoughts:

ALL THE MACBETH REFERENCES!!! *grabby hands*
I <3 Magrat, poor baby, I knew it wasn’t gonna work out, but it was still kind of sad :(
DEATH WITH STAGE FRIGHT, YES! :D

Also, discussion questions from my book club :)

1. Which Witch is your favourite? and Why?
As much as I loved Magrat, I have to say Granny Weatherwax is far and away my favorite :) I just love her attitude about everything. It’s hard to explain, I just love her a lot :)

2. The Fool States that “the past is what people remember, and memories are words.” Do you think this is true?
I really love how “history” is dealt with and discussed in this book. I think it’s very true. History and the past are what we in the present make of it. Sure, there are verifiable facts, but if no one ever bothers to check the facts, the past is what we are told and choose to believe. It’s a sad fact of life, the victors write the history books. I really loved how all these issues were brought up in such a humorous light, but it never felt like they were taken lightly. I just really think I’m in love with Terry Pratchett at this point, I wish I’d discovered him earlier :)

There was also a little bit of fancasting happening in the thread and I think the things we most agreed on were that Dame Maggie Smith would make a fantastic Granny Weatherwax, Peter Dinklage IS Hwel, David Tennant as the Duke and Alan Cumming as Death :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wyrd Sisters.

August 1, 2015 – Started Reading