Amber at WickedGoodReads's Reviews > Blackmailed By The Hero

Blackmailed By The Hero by Julie Particka

41958311

bookshelves: arcs

Stubborn is as stubborn does.. and Vicky Stone is as stubborn as it gets. Determined to make a go of life, ON HER OWN, following a painful divorce - she is working as a low paid entertainment waitress just hoping for the chance to move up to party planner.
Dante Palladino is a former professional wrestler-turned-actor who has been best friends with Vicky's brother Evan for many years.
The two of them meet up unexpectedly at a Hollywood party where Vicky is working and looking to end her post divorce dry streak with a hot, no strings attached, one night stand.
The burning question: is Dante really the man Vicky's brother warned her to stay away from all those years ago? Or the thoughtful, sweet, romantic guy that Vicky is trying so hard NOT to get to know?
Falling in the category of "best friends sister", this book was right up my alley. It had all the necessary components - tattooed, muscled hero, down on her luck heroine, crazy but loyal best friend (I love Jade) and even a villain!
The author did an excellent job with the character description and development. They had clearly defined personalities that carried through from beginning to end. I really liked the story line and plot, although I felt it dragged just a bit with Vicky seeming to never cut poor Dante any slack even after proving himself to her numerous times.
The editing was pretty standard for an ARC. The author/editor made no mistakes with the grammar, punctuation and tense that I noticed. This made the book very easy to read and I appreciate that A LOT.
The only wish I have for this story, and it is very minor- when they are having a text exchange or any kind of message exchange - somehow differentiate those words from the rest of the text; possibly with italics, brackets.. etc. Those few parts got a little confusing.
This was a great, entertaining read for me and I will definitely recommend it to friends and im already looking for more from this author!
**Thank you Netgalley, Entangled Publishing and Julie Particka for the ARC**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blackmailed By The Hero.

Finished Reading