Julie's Reviews > Turner's Vision

Turner's Vision by Suzanne Ferrell

bookshelves: e-book, historical-romance, romantic-suspense

Turner’s Vision by Suzanne Ferrell is a 2015 publication.

I picked this book up in the KU selection and to my knowledge I have not read any other books by this author, so I had no idea what to expect, but because it is an American historical romance, which is rare, I was more than happy to give it a try. Although this book is a part of a series, it can be read as a stand alone.

Micah has been having visions concerning his sister, Patrice, which indicate she is in some kind of danger. This leads him to a huge conspiracy, but before he can get to the bottom of things, he realizes Claudia Davis is also attempting her own investigation.

Under the guise of delivering a letter to Claudia from her dear friend, Laura, Micah worms his way into Claudia’s life in order to find out what she knows and if she has any information that could help him find his sister.

Claudia is nearing spinsterhood, which is fine with her, as she loves her independence. She was trapped by her abusive father for so many years, she has vowed to never find herself under the thumb of a man again. But, when Micah wheedles his way into her life, she soon finds herself at his mercy and conflicted by her feelings.

This story has a little bit of everything in it. Micah’s visions gives the story a paranormal tint, and the danger and intrigue will appeal to romantic suspense lovers, plus there is a lot of angst and romantic turmoil inside the complicated relationship between Micah and Claudia, which will appeal to those who just want a nice love story.

At times I thought Micah came on too strong, and I had to balk a little at this heavy handedness, and how on occasion he ‘handled’ Claudia, but this is a historical novel and his actions were pretty authentic, and well meaning, I think, as he would go to any lengths to see Claudia and the orphan boys she took in, are kept safe.

On the flip side, Claudia was a little too assured of herself in the beginning and put herself in serious danger because she really was out of her element.

Claudia got knocked off balance at first, but rebounded soundly, although she could be petulant on occasion, was stubborn, but also fiercely independent, and feisty too, proving herself to be a valuable asset on more than one occasion.

I enjoyed the intrigue and mystery, which is very detailed and well plotted, with some surprises thrown in I didn’t see coming, and the rocky romance between Claudia and Micah could not have ended on a more heartwarming note.

Overall, this is a pretty good historical romance and I am glad I took a chance on it.

4 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Turner's Vision.

July 31, 2015 – Shelved