Jennifer Kyle's Reviews > The Air He Breathes

The Air He Breathes by Brittainy C. Cherry

bookshelves: arcs, favorites, cry-baby-books

5 + STARS

description

"How did two people so broken find each other's shattered pieces?"

description

This book is so much more than it's gorgeous cover! I highly advise one-click purchasing because Britainy C. Cherry has delivered one of my favorite reads of 2015!

"Show me the shadows that keep you up at night. Kiss me with your darkness."

Ms. Cherry’s writing was simply fantastic, while her characters popped right off damn the page. I’m still reeling from the array of emotions that this story packed. The humor is original, the angst palpable, and the heartbreak is utterly crippling. The love I have for these characters is only surpassed by their love for one another.

The story is told in dual POVs of Tristan and Elizabeth who are both broken by loss. Elizabeth returns home after a few months to find that she has a new neighbor. Tristan Cole is the town’s new asshole. He’s inapproachable, hot as hell, angry, but he eventually sees his own pain reflected back in Elizabeth and her young daughter, Emma the possibilities are endless.

”He and I together was a terrible idea. We were both unstable, we were both shattered, and there was no getting around it. He was thunder, I was lightning, and we were seconds away from creating the perfect storm.”

Tristan and Elizabeth bare their losses to one another and slowly start to become a part of one another’s lives. Pretending in the bedroom helps them deal with the pain but does it hinder them from moving on?

description

Their relationship takes a turn when true feelings for one another develop. The story unfolds with some very clever plot twists and heart stopping action. The supporting characters were a terrific addition and Elizabeth’s best friend, Faye is the SHIT! There is so much humor that evened out the heartbreak and this couple’s fall into love was pretty unforgettable.

description

Overall, this fantastic story is actually up for pre-order for .99 - crazy right? I read the story straight through and I can guarantee if you have loved this author’s previous works this book will exceed your expectations.

description

*ARC provided by the author for an honest review *

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Air He Breathes.

July 31, 2015 – Shelved
July 31, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
September 18, 2015 – Shelved as: arcs
Started Reading
September 19, 2015 –
40.0% " ”I wasn’t him.\n She wasn’t her.\n But my God, it felt good to lie to ourselves.” \n description"
September 19, 2015 – Shelved as: favorites
September 19, 2015 – Shelved as: cry-baby-books
September 19, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 102 (102 new)

Sophie's Reading Corner Enjoy, love !! I can't wait to see what you think of it :D

Ashleigh So jealous enjoy !! I'm excited for this one

Jennifer Kyle ღSophieღ wrote: "Enjoy, love !! I can't wait to see what you think of it :D"

Thanks Sophie!! So excited :DD

Jennifer Kyle Ashleigh wrote: "So jealous enjoy !! I'm excited for this one"

Thanks so much Ashleigh!!!

Wendy'sThoughts Omg that cover!

Michelle Can't wait to see what yo think of this one! Enjoy Jennifer:))

♥Booklish Reviews♥ The first chapter was hard for me to get through. :( Hoping it picks up! Can't wait to read your review

Jennifer Kyle Wendy'sThoughts wrote: "Omg that cover!"

Right Wendy! It's really good I'm 40% :D

Jennifer Kyle Michelle wrote: "Can't wait to see what yo think of this one! Enjoy Jennifer:))"

Thanks Michelle! Totally addicted to the story so far :D

Jennifer Kyle ♥Shredded Book Reviews♥ wrote: "The first chapter was hard for me to get through. :( Hoping it picks up! Can't wait to read your review"

Enjoy Shredded I'm 40% and really like it - hope it picks up for you xx

Sybil aka Lala Oh wow, this seems really good! Enjoy!

Brendy wuhu! this sound goooood!! have a great time sweetie! XD

Jennifer Kyle Sybil aka Lala wrote: "Oh wow, this seems really good! Enjoy!"

So very good Sybil!! :D

message 14: by Jennifer (last edited Sep 19, 2015 12:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer Kyle Brenda wrote: "wuhu! this sound goooood!! have a great time sweetie! XD"

The story was excellent Brenda hope you love it too xx

Brendy Just read the whole review!! Already in my TBR list, great review, darling! XD

Jan  Oooooh ... I've just read ... I highly advise one-click purchasing... and this is it. Done! Not even reading your review, Jennifer LOL
Sold. :D

Jennifer Kyle Brenda wrote: "Just read the whole review!! Already in my TBR list, great review, darling! XD"

Thanks so much Brenda!! xx

Jennifer Kyle Jan wrote: "Oooooh ... I've just read ... I highly advise one-click purchasing... and this is it. Done! Not even reading your review, Jennifer LOL

Yes .99 is crazy it's so good Jan can't wait to see what you think!! <3

Jan  Jennifer wrote: "Jan wrote: "Oooooh ... I've just read ... I highly advise one-click purchasing... and this is it. Done! Not even reading your review, Jennifer LOL
Sold. :D"

Yes .99 is crazy it's so good Jan can..."

Free on KU!

message 20: by Aisling Zena (new) - added it

Aisling Zena Wonderful review Jennifer! Definitely adding this one! :) xx

Kirsten Ms Cherry sure knows how to write an awesome story and wonderful characters! So glad this was a winner for you! Beautiful review Jennifer! Can't wait to read!!! xo

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Wonderful review, Jenn!<33

message 23: by Loz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Loz terrific review, jennifer. glad it was loved! looking fwd to this one, great author & can't say no when there's a beard on the cover, lol

Jennifer Kyle Jan wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "Jan wrote: "Oooooh ... I've just read ... I highly advise one-click purchasing... and this is it. Done! Not even reading your review, Jennifer LOL

Yes .99 is crazy it'..."

YEs!! grab it Jan <3 mwah

Jennifer Kyle Aisling Zena wrote: "Wonderful review Jennifer! Definitely adding this one! :) xx"

Thanks so much Aisling! Hope you enjoy it xx

Jennifer Kyle Kirsten wrote: "Ms Cherry sure knows how to write an awesome story and wonderful characters! So glad this was a winner for you! Beautiful review Jennifer! Can't wait to read!!! xo"

Yes totally agree loved her Art & Soul this is more grown up and wow packs a punch xx Hope you enjoy it Kirsten xx

Jennifer Kyle Arianna wrote: "Wonderful review, Jenn!<33"

Thanks so much Arianna!! xo

Jennifer Kyle Loz wrote: "terrific review, jennifer. glad it was loved! looking fwd to this one, great author & can't say no when there's a beard on the cover, lol"

LMAO right same guy as Beneath Blood and Bone cover and I loved that too hahah xx Hope you love it too <3

message 29: by Maayan (new) - added it

Maayan Amazing review friend<3

Sybil aka Lala FRIKKEN beautiful review!!! This seems like a gorgeous, heart - wrenching ride of a book.

Rachel Reads Ravenously Amazing review Jennifer! Been hearing lots of good things about this one :)

Jennifer Kyle Maayan wrote: "Amazing review friend<3"

Thanks so much Maayan! xx

Jennifer Kyle Sybil aka Lala wrote: "FRIKKEN beautiful review!!! This seems like a gorgeous, heart - wrenching ride of a book."

Thanks Sybil I tried to be fancy hahah xo Hope it's a winner for you as well :D

Jennifer Kyle Rachel ♥Reads Ravenously♥ wrote: "Amazing review Jennifer! Been hearing lots of good things about this one :)"

Thanks Rachel!! Yes so far friends who have arcs are loving as well :DD x

Lisa *-* GiViNg It To YoU * LoCk StOcK & TwO SmOkiNg BaRrELs Yep sold gonna one-click, great review Jen!! xoxo

Christy Gorgeous review, Jen! Love it xoxo

message 38: by S.M. (new) - rated it 5 stars

S.M. West Awesome review, Jen! I`ve added it. xo

Jennifer Kyle Sharon ✽ is an emotional book junkie ✽ wrote: "wonderful review Jen!"

Thanks so much Sharon!! :DD

Jennifer Kyle Lisa *-* GiViNg It To YoU wrote: "Yep sold gonna one-click, great review Jen!! xoxo"

Thanks Lisa! Hope you enjoy :DDD

Jennifer Kyle Christy wrote: "Gorgeous review, Jen! Love it xoxo"

Thanks so much Christy Babe gotta get this in paperback xx

Jennifer Kyle Suzanne wrote: "Awesome review, Jen! I`ve added it. xo"

Thanks Suzanne xx

message 43: by Anna Banana (new)

Anna Banana Great review, Jennifer! I had no idea it was up for preorder, I'll be one-clicking for sure :)

I have to ask because I'm there's one little part I'm worried about, (view spoiler)

Patrycja love the review!

warhawke Awesome review Jennifer!
Love your teasers :D

♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ Great review, Jennifer xx

bibliophile (Romance Addict) Great review, Jen!! I really want to read this book now ;)

Jennifer Kyle Anna Banana wrote: "Great review, Jennifer! I had no idea it was up for preorder, I'll be one-clicking for sure :)

I have to ask because I'm there's one little part I'm worried about, [spoilers removed]"

Thanks so much Anna --- (view spoiler) Hope you enjoy the story!!

Thanks so much Anna --- (view spoiler) Hope you enjoy the story!!

« previous 1 3