Kathryn's Reviews > Harry Potter: Film Wizardry

Harry Potter by Brian Sibley

Dec 14, 2010

bookshelves: fantasy-sci-fi, non-fiction
Recommended to Kathryn by: Angie and Lisa

Just splendid! Thank you so much, Annie, for the great gift :-)

Highly recommended to fans of the HP series. You will find so many amazing behind-the-scenes stories and interesting tidbits; I love the blend of insights about/from the actors, as well as the directors, screenwriters, set designers, props, costumes, etc. It's just fantastic! So much more detailed (and fun!) than I could have imagined.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter.

message 1: by Qt (new) - added it

Qt Thanks for bringing this to my attention! Looks neat, and I read another film book by Brian Sibley which was good too.

Kathryn Oh, that is good to know. Thanks! :-)

message 3: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann My pleasure - though it wasn't entirely selfless ;>

Lisa Vegan Isn't it wonderful?!!!! Great book! So glad you loved it too, Kathryn. They did a good job with this one. Because of all the pullouts and extra stuff, I very much doubt any libraries are going to lend out this book.

Lisa Vegan Ann wrote: "My pleasure - though it wasn't entirely selfless ;>"

:-)

Kathryn Lisa wrote: "Isn't it wonderful?!!!! Great book! So glad you loved it too, Kathryn. They did a good job with this one. Because of all the pullouts and extra stuff, I very much doubt any libraries are going to l..."

Yes, and it would make a great gift (thanks, again, Annie!) for anyone to be able to keep and refer to. We are reading through it with each movie we watch (the parts related to that film) and it is so illuminating!

Lisa Vegan That's a fun way to read it!!

Kathryn Lisa wrote: "That's a fun way to read it!!"

I think it really enhances my appreciation of all the elements, having seen them so recently on the screen. And I notice things that I never noticed before, like the breakfast cereal boxes on the tables in the Great Hall ;-)