Sarah's Reviews > Bayou Moon

Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews

Dec 14, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: pnr

Another entertaining PNR from Ilona Andrews. Plot-wise, this one is better than the previous book. The main conflict in the book is interesting and complex. Two feuding families living in the Edge, a world between the magical and non-magical, find themselves entangled in a larger war among rival nations in the Weird, the land of the magical. Andrews does a great job creating the swamp atmosphere ... it's completely grimy, murky, and menacing with non-stop danger around every corner. I enjoyed the feuding families plotline, especially Lagar's struggles as the head of the rival family ... it's quite tragic, and I wished Andrews spent more time on him. The main love interest William doesn't stray too far from the typical, tortured soul, alpha male changeling wolf, whose instincts and accompanying morals are more animal than man. Even so, I enjoyed this character more than the nobleman Declan from the previous book, which I think says something rather sad about my tastes! However, Cerise, the main female protagonist, felt so similar to Rose of the previous book ... it made reading the two back to back feel very repetitive. Overall, easy and enjoyable book and serves as a good palette cleanser between all the doorstop fantasies I've been trying to read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bayou Moon.