Taylor Knight's Reviews > A Thousand Nights

A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston

bookshelves: arcs

I really loved this book. It was written in a way that was really beautiful and it felt like a story. Not like I was reading a book but an actual story and it reminded me of why I love reading so much.
I wasn't totally into the main character though. At the beginning of the book she was saying how much more beautiful her sister was but she had never actually seen her own face. I always find it annoying when characters degrade themselves. She did get a little better though the book but she never made me fall in love with her.
I thought the pace was really nice. It was a little slow in the middle but it wasn't boring by all means.
I loved the setting! I loved the villages and desert and everything. It was so different from most YA books and I loved it so much.
Overall, I read this whole book in just a couple of sittings and I really loved it. I can't wait for it to be released so I can get a hardcover copy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Thousand Nights.

July 30, 2015 – Shelved
July 30, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
July 30, 2015 – Shelved as: arcs
July 31, 2015 – Started Reading
August 31, 2015 –
20.0% ""
September 1, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Have you read the Storyteller's daughter? It's another retelling of this story, from the woman's perspective.

Taylor Knight Victoria wrote: "Have you read the Storyteller's daughter? It's another retelling of this story, from the woman's perspective."
I haven't! But I'll pick it up soon!

Leonor (Ner) It's on my TBR for this month. Now I'm super excited to read it :)

message 4: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica (novelcravings) I am even more interested in this book now! However I agree with characters degrading themselves being a turn off. They are often swooned over still and it seems so cliche now. Love your reviews Taylor!