Jacqueline's Reviews > A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

I listened to this book during my commute, which was honestly the only way I'd be able to make myself read something of this length and subject. I am not one for science fiction and reading something that was so long in a subject I'm not really interested in was daunting to me, but I did want to give it a try because I had heard many good things about the book and television series. Ultimately, since I now have a super long commute to work everyday, I decided to listen to it on cd during my drive. I had the time to use and I figured it would provide me with entertainment for a significant amount of time (not just a couple of days worth of reading). I was pleasantly surprised that I liked the book and it made my trip go a lot quicker! The person who did the reading was really talented and had an accent that made the book feel sufficiently medieval and authentic. His voices really brought the text to life. At times the text did drag with too many details, which is why I only gave it four stars, but overall I really liked the book. I had watched part of season one of the television series and it followed the book very closely, so I was surprised at all the twists and turns there were in the plot at the end. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has a long commute and wants to pass the time quickly!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Game of Thrones.

July 29, 2015 – Started Reading