Danielle's Reviews > Need You for Mine

Need You for Mine by Marina Adair

This is the third book by Adair for the Heroes of St. Helena series and so far my favorite. This book could be read as a standalone but I recommend reading the entire series from the beginning to understand these two characters a lot more.

Harper was one of my favorite characters from the beginning because she is unique and walks to the beat of her own drum. Living in this town it's hard to find someone for her to date because they all have pretty much friend zoned her all except for one man and with his help she can save her grandmothers lingerie store.

Adam is a firefighter who is up for a promotion but his biggest set back is himself. In order to get the promotion he has always wanted having a relationship with Harper is worth it. He knows he might not be the forever guy but with Harper it doesn't feel like that.

Adam and Harper both have personal reasons and need each other's help. What starts off as a fake relationship so they both get what they want quickly turns into them needed each other more then they thought.

Adair wrote the characters with humor and growth. Both Adam and Harper grew a lot during this story. Harper with learning to be sexy in ways she never thought of and Adam emotionally. I really liked how Harper just puts her heart out there for all to see but yet she holds in her emotions when hurt. These two start not only a great friendship but a romance that captured me from the beginning.

One thing I really loved about this story was the growth of their relationship. Adair doesn't rush them into anything but she has them take their time to get to know one another and gives them a chance to have their feelings develop.

I really liked how the story turned out and it was definitely worth the read. The characters are written well and I loved seeing the previous characters involved in this story. Adair describes the town in such detail that I want to pick up and move their. She has a way of making her characters realistic and making you feel like you are part of their stories.

I am really hoping this isn't the end of this series and Adair has more to come with the Heroes of St. Helena!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Need You for Mine.

July 29, 2015 – Shelved