Andra's Reviews > The Brevity of Twit

The Brevity of Twit by K.D. Rose

With regards to literature, prose has always been more of my forte rather than poetry. However, how can I deny the fun, the spirit, the modernity of tweeting your poems in 140 characters or less? That's what K.D. Rose does in her new short book, The Brevity of Twit, and IMO it's quite genius!

KD Rose has a quirky sense of humor, which is made apparent by the dry sarcasm she employs and the witty quips she makes as writing her poetic tweets. It might have been challenging to get your ideas across in 140 characters or less, but Rose seems to have tackled her assignment much as a geeky 10th grader in English class would attack an assignment-enthusiastically and wholeheartedly. I found many of the comparisons to be laugh-out-loud funny (or at least snort-into-my-coffee funny) and enjoyed chortling my way through 3 metro rides worth of hilarity. For those of you not in the DC area, my metro rides are about 15-20 minutes in length so it took me roughly 45 minutes to an hour to get through this delightful short.

I enjoyed how some tweets could be read together to form a sort of theme to the poetry (or perhaps in a different medium would be an entire poem). This gave a better insight to the ideas that were being presented, all while dosing us in short little tidbits that were easier to digest and process than trying to read everything all at once. Definitely give Rose a shot even if poetry isn't your specialty. The Brevity of Twit is definitely brief and might give you a good laugh or two while silently examining the universe. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Brevity of Twit.

Started Reading