Marsha Keeper Bookshelf's Reviews > Opposing the Cowboy

Opposing the Cowboy by Margo Bond Collins

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, keeper-bookshelf, series

First reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

There are times when I just want a simple love story. A guy, a gal, some conflict that is believable, some sexiness, and a resolution that equals boy gets girl and they live happy ever after.

And that is exactly what I got in Opposing the Cowboy, and then some. When LeeAnn spotted the no good snake that dumped her sitting with his new intended bride at the restaurant she acted on impulse. She turned around and kissed the hot cowboy standing in line behind her… and I do mean kissed the stuffing out of him. That might have been the highlight of Jonah’s day – the downside of the day was later discovering that the beauty that laid one on him in town is the woman who refuses to sign over the mineral rights of the property he must have in order to take hold of that promotion that is just out of reach. Talk about luck.

LeeAnn just wants this guy to go away. There is no way her grandmother would have given his company the right to drill on her property. Just because that proof is buried somewhere in the tons of boxes scattered around her grandmother’s property and not in her hand to shove in his face is beside the point. No Drilling.

But as LeeAnn and Jonah search for that elusive piece of paper, they will start to see each other in a different light. They might fight falling for each other, but that’s not going to stop love from finding them.

Opposing the Cowboy was exactly what I needed. I completely got caught up in this lovely tale of two stubborn people and their determination to not fall in love. Of course, that’s not going to stop nature from taking it’s natural course so you know there’s a happy ending in store for these two. Getting them there was the fun part. Looking for a fast paced, engaging love story with a minimum of obstacles to work around? Then I’d suggest picking up Opposing the Cowboy and settling down for an enjoyable reading session.

*I received an e-ARC of Opposing the Cowboy from the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. That does not change what I think of this novel.*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Opposing the Cowboy.

Started Reading