Penny (Literary Hoarders)'s Reviews > Did You Ever Have a Family

Did You Ever Have a Family by Bill Clegg

bookshelves: books-read-in-2015, from-windsor-public-library, bookermarks

What an amazing read. (And finally one that knocked it out of the park again for our book club. We've been bogged down by some flat reads lately, I'm so happy to see this one was chosen.) I cannot imagine this one will not make the shortlist for the Man Booker. How the characters were connected, how it all spiralled out, how they touched other lives, how they joined together - I do not think I can properly explain it. What a great read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Did You Ever Have a Family.

July 29, 2015 – Shelved
page 125
September 5, 2015 –
page 154
September 5, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Michelle Wow! Started it last night!

Penny (Literary Hoarders) It won't take you too long to finish Michelle - once you get going and settled in.

Michelle About 1/2 finished and not sure where it is going yet. I am intrigued by how he is able to write the characters in such a way that you really care for them. Rebbeca's chapter really grabbed me and then I realized she doesn't have a "main" connection with the story. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

Penny (Literary Hoarders) I was wondering what she meant to the story, but it will all come together by the end. I was moved by it all at the end.