Cat's Reviews > Bloomability

Bloomability by Sharon Creech

Dec 13, 2010

bookshelves: favourites, realistic-fiction, children-and-young-adult

For every person, there are books that you read that completely shape your life or push your life in a certain direction. For me, this is one of those books.

I first read this book in seventh grade on a whim. I had to read Walk Two Moons in another class the previous year, so I recognized the author's name and decided to give it a chance. To this day, I am glad that I did.

This is the book that inspired me to want to go to Italy, travel in general, and learn Italian, as well as many other languages, and quite possibly the book that inspired my love for words overall. I only ever read the book once, but I gave my boyfriend a full run-down of the plot the other day, almost ten years later. This book has stuck out in my mind since the moment I read it and I'm sorry to say that I don't own a copy. Definitely a re-read book, especially since it had such a profound effect on me as a person.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloomability.

02/22/2016 marked as: read

Amanda This was one of those books for me too. I also really wanted to learn Italian! I re-read at age 20 - still loved it. You should try a re-read :-)

message 2: by Jamie (new) - added it

Jamie The same for me! I was so intrigued by life outside of the US and dreamed of being sent to a similar boarding school, which my mother could only laugh at. Can't say it was due to the book, but the fire inside me to experience other things was most certainly cultivated by it and these days, I live abroad -- not in Switzerland, but Sweden!