Ruth's Reviews > Painting the Moon

Painting the Moon by Traci Borum

liked it

Noelle is unsettled in her life and job in San Diego. The best part of her life is her house right on the beach but even that will change as her roommate gets married and leaves. She receives a letter from a lawyer in London discovering the her beloved aunt, who had some horrific event occur causing her to become a recluse, has died. She has inherited her aunt's cottage and art gallery in England. Noelle decides to return to take care of cleaning out and selling her aunt's cottage and gallery. Her aunt has told her that she will find out secrets and surprises and that she should feel free to reveal any of those secrets as she wishes. Her aunt had been a well known painter before her reclusive years and what Noelle discovers as she sifts through her aunt's belongings is more than surprising. On top of this, Noelle is remembering her relationship with two special friends that she spent many summers with. Could she possibly find them before she leaves?

This was a lovely tale that takes us to a wonderful cottage in England and shows the charming, caring relationships among the people in a small village. Friendships from our youth can sometimes pick right up as though we have not been apart for years and new friends can add new dimensions to our lives. When I was reading about the author at the end, I discovered that this was book 1 in a series and book 2 has already been written. A sweet novel that was worth reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Painting the Moon.

Started Reading