Brandy's Reviews > Trickster's Girl

Trickster's Girl by Hilari Bell

Dec 12, 2010

bookshelves: netgalley, nook, ya, paranormal
Read from December 12 to 16, 2010

Kelsa is a teenage girl who is dealing with the crushing loss of her father. Even though the setting is in the high-tech future with com pods, hovercraft-like vehicles and temperature-controlled clothing, Kelsa's father taught her to enjoy and respect the outdoors while enjoying its challenges and beauty. Now that he is gone, Kelsa feels lost and alone.

Raven, who appears to be a regular teenager boy but has magical abilities, approaches Kelsa and tells her that she is the girl that can save the world from the disease that is threatening the world's trees by healing a series of leys - energy-centers for the earth.

Once she decides to take on the journey, she has no idea of the dangers and challenges she is going to face.

This was the first time I had read a book by Hilari Bell, and I enjoyed it. The plot moved along very well, and the ending of the book took me by surprise, which I found refreshing. The characters were fully developed, and I can't wait to see what's ahead for them. I hope we get to know more of Kelsa's story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trickster's Girl.

12/12/2010 page 60