Kim's Reviews > Crashed Out

Crashed Out by Tessa Bailey

Jul 28, 2015

bookshelves: arc, from-the-publisher, loved, read-in-2015, reviewed

Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

I know I say this with each new Tessa Bailey book, but this one might be my favorite yet. And Sarge might be my favorite hero, but more on that later. Tessa can do absolutely no wrong in my world and I LOVED everything about this book. Starting with that hot as hell cover. Rawr.

Crashed Out was my first every older woman/younger guy book – he's 22, she's 29 – and it was fantastic. As a woman of a certain age, I can definitely see the merits in the whole younger guy thing yet be conflicted over it at the same time, so it was pretty easy to identify with Jasmine. She was a firecracker and I thoroughly enjoyed her character and the chemistry between her and Sarge. I loved watching her let herself go and just feel with him. It took a lot for her to stop worrying about what others might think and fear that she would bring him down in any way, but it was a great journey.

Sarge? My god. Can I have one? Please? I think I say this about every single one of Tessa's men and there's a reason... she writes incredible male characters. They're that perfect balance of hot and sweet and they love their ladies. They want to take care of them – in and out of the bedroom. And the dirty talk? Holy hell. But there was more to Sarge than all that. He was a talented musician and a genuinely great guy. He'd had a crush on Jasmine, his sister's best friend and his former babysitter, for a long time. She was his muse, though he kept it quiet all these years. But no more. :)

I've been mourning the end of Tessa's Broke & Beautiful series for the last couple months, but I've also been eager to see what she would give us with her new Made in Jersey series. Crashed Out was a fantastic start to a series I know I'm going to love. There aren't nearly enough books written about blue collar heroes and heroines and I am so happy Tessa is fixing this. Not only did I enjoy Jasmine and Sarge's story, but the secondary story with his sister River was excellent and I can't wait for more of that. This one was super hot, sweet and definitely gave me a fair few feels along the way.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher, via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crashed Out.

July 28, 2015 – Shelved
July 28, 2015 – Shelved as: waiting-on-release-or-arc
October 26, 2015 – Started Reading
October 26, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
October 26, 2015 – Shelved as: arc
October 26, 2015 –
page 1
0.57% "I can't NOT start this book. Eeep! @mstessabailey"
October 26, 2015 –
page 1
0.57% "I can't NOT start this book. Eeep! @mstessabailey"
October 27, 2015 – Finished Reading