Shayna's Reviews > Consumed by You

Consumed by You by Lauren Blakely

bookshelves: arc-review, sexy-alphas, read-in-2015, fireman-hotties, contemporary

A sinfully decadent treat! Full of intense passion and tons of heat! Sizzling sexual tension that will have you biting your lip the whole way through. CONSUMED BY YOU will set your Kindle ablaze! A combustible and fiery connection between two people who are fighting their true feelings the entire time, makes for a scorching and emotional romance.

Blakely is one of those extremely talented writers that you can just trust. You trust that they will never steer you wrong. It has come to the point where I don't need a blurb, synopsis, excerpt, or teaser for one of her novels. If Lauren Blakely writes it, I will read it. No questions asked. Consumed By You is just another example of that. An excellent, fiery romance for sure! I've had a great fixation on Travis since the beginning of this series, so I was so giddy when I heard of this book coming out.

There is quite a history between Cara and Travis. There is this heavy passionate connection between the two of them that they can't deny. But even with the intense chemistry they share, in the end, they want different things. Cara wants a relationship, love, and a family. Travis wants a fling with no emotional attachment whatsoever. It is casual sex or nothing. Even though they are on two different paths, they can't escape one another. A proposal is made that should leave their hearts intact at the end of it all. But who the hell are they kidding? Cara and Travis would like nothing better than to fuck each other out of their systems. But while they are spending more time with one another, the lustful connection that they share turns emotional, feelings turn deeper, and by the end they discover the damage is already done. If one walks away, both hearts will be irrevocably broken.

Travis and Cara were really great characters. You have a sexy as sin firefighter with great street smarts. You have a beautiful, sweet, and witty dog trainer who knows her stuff. Separately, they are really strong characters, but together they are explosive.

If you are familiar with Lauren Blakely, you know there will be a dirty-talking alpha male and a sassy heroine who holds her own. It doesn't take much for me to become attached to one of Blakely's characters. I was already hooked on Travis and Cara was certainly close behind. To play off the title, I have no doubt that romance junkies will be completely consumed by Blakely's latest release.

photo consumedbyyouteaser.jpg

*Gifted copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Consumed by You.

July 27, 2015 – Started Reading