Mindy Mymudes's Reviews > Blood in Her Veins: Nineteen Stories from the World of Jane Yellowrock

Blood in Her Veins by Faith Hunter

2392057

When I am committed to a series I expect certain things. I expect the main character to stay in character while still maturing. I expect a strong character who has some faults and weaknesses. I expect the secondary characters to be interesting without taking away from the main character. Finally, interesting, not-the-same storylines.

What makes the Jane Yellowrock series so unique in the Urban Fantasy genre is that not only do we learn about Jane's backstory as she does, but we also fall in love with her friends. In this collection we find out more about her best friend Molly and her family. It raises more questions about how powerful the Everhart's daughter Angie will be and how she'll be contained until she grows up. It gives us a glimpse of Beast without Jane. We discover the story behind bad-boy Rick's lion and bobcat tattoos. And of course, what would a collection of Jane stories be without Jane and vampires. Well, Jane, vampires and witches. The only thing that would make this collection better would be a full story on Pea, the neon green kitty grindy.

While most of these stories appeared previously (most on Audible), most have never been in print. Two are brand new. 560 pages of Jane and her friends to read during cold winter nights and savor as we wait for the next full length book in Jane's world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood in Her Veins.

July 27, 2015 – Shelved