Tanya's Reviews > Beauty and the Werewolf

Beauty and the Werewolf by Kristin Miller

12199374

liked it
bookshelves: netgalley, arc

Here we have Jack and Isabelle, werewolves. Isabelle is a painter. Her first art she believes created a divide between her and her father. In one last effort to cross it before he passes on, she is buying up all her paintings to show him, hopefully to gain his blessing on her art. Jack holds a piece she wants for her collection. Jack is over 300 years old, past the age a werewolf can live without his Luminary, his fated mate. It turns out, Isabelle is his mate, but she refuses to mate with him, not believing at first, and then not willing without her father's permission, something he will never give because of the family Jack was born into. That sets up the conflict in this story.

I just can't give it more than 3 stars despite the fact it was indeed written decently. What are the morals of this story? You let your fated mate, one you have come to love, die to preserve a relationship with your father, who has no direct knowledge of Jack at all, but rather a prejudice against him just because his family is bad. True love in fact doesn't win out, and that is just that. I had little respect for Isabelle, to let someone die because of prejudice. She had zero spine or integrity, and her entire clan or family, the people she was giving up everything for, appeared to treat others horribly. Just not the book for me in other words.

My thanks to the publisher for providing an advanced copy of this book via Netgalley for an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beauty and the Werewolf.

July 27, 2015 – Started Reading