Ally (The Scribbling Sprite)'s Reviews > The Heir

The Heir by Kiera Cass

bookshelves: dystopia, young-adult, romance

Only in the Selection series could you call one princess + four guys cooking together a "group date."

This was fun, though. I mean, the whole concept of the Selection kind of disturbs me, but I still enjoyed this series.

Read my full review of The Heir HERE.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heir.

July 27, 2015 – Started Reading
July 27, 2015 – Shelved
July 27, 2015 –
page 30
8.77% "I just don't like the concept of this one. Maxon and America are forcing their daughter into her own selection? I mean, seriously? That's only thing they could think of to solve their problem? You'd think they'd be more sympathetic, having gone through it themselves. I mean, if you're gonna marry off your daughter, just marry her off. Don't subject her and 35 other guys to this silly, demeaning game."
page 163
47.66% "Can't the translator, Erik, be a suitor? I like him."
page 220
64.33% "Only in the selection series could you call one girl and four guys cooking together, a "group date.""
page 250
73.1% "Aw, they had a moment. I mean, I wanted it to happen, but I didn't think it would."
page 275
80.41% "Oh, darn. I always fall for the sweet guys.\n \n Not rooting for Kile. Nope. No way. I just don't buy their whole relationship. It was:\n "I hate you."\n "I hate you."\n "I hate you more."\n "Ugh, you irritate me."\n "Kiss me."\n "Okay!"\n BAM. They're "in love."\n \n But Henri and Erik? I want to cuddle them."
July 28, 2015 – Shelved as: dystopia
July 28, 2015 – Shelved as: young-adult
July 28, 2015 – Shelved as: romance
July 28, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Chantel I really liked Erik too! But he's so off limits because of Henri, it would so crush him.

Chantel If your still looking for a cute fluffy book "Since You've Been Gone" is a good one. I just finished it and I thought it was so cute.

Ally (The Scribbling Sprite) Thanks, Chantel!

Yes, I know. Thing is, I like Henri too. Erik and Henri: the non-suitor and the guy who can't speak English. :(

Chantel I know right! Henri is so sweet! Ugh! I just know she's gonna break his little heart. I'm just looking forward to the next book.

Grace Meredith Hey Ally, as you know I don't exactly love this series, but I've been reading the sequels nonstop. I really didn't like this one, though. Eadlyn was so ANNOYING! And it was just boring and a rehash of The Selection.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

TEAM ERIK!