Anjie Basi's Reviews > Blackmail Boyfriend

Blackmail Boyfriend by Chris  Cannon

bookshelves: arc, 2015

This book was honestly so much fun to read. There wasn't much depth. It was a light and very entertaining book. I was looking for a contemporary read that was lighthearted and this book was just the what the doctor prescribed. The plot can be very predictable but there are still some things that surprise you. The concept is a little different, I don't think I've read a book before where the main character blackmailed someone to be their significant other. It did make for a very funny book. It had me laughing all throughout. I think that I can attribute that to Chris Cannon's writing! It was easy, breezy, and light.

The characters were very interesting and different. What made this hilarious was that Haley and Bryce are complete polar opposites. So you can imagine all the arguments that they get into. Ever with all the fighting, you never feel that frustration and I liked that. Haley was a great character, very strong and sweet (I mean ... minus the blackmailing). Bryce was your kind-of-typical spoiled brat coming from rich parents but dealing with the high standards that his father places on him. I simply adored Haley's overprotective twin older brothers! They were so much fun and even though they were overprotective, you can see all the love there and it made me wish I had an older brother.

My only problem was that it can get a little repetitive but not annoyingly so. It also started rather quickly, no real introduction and I felt that it ended too abruptly. Other than that, if you're looking for any easy, light, fun read then you can find it here!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blackmail Boyfriend.

July 26, 2015 – Started Reading
July 26, 2015 – Shelved
July 29, 2015 – Shelved as: arc
July 29, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015
July 29, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Daiane Great review Anjie. Got into my TRL :D

Anjie Basi Thanks! Hope you enjoy!