Jenni Proctor's Reviews > How to Get a Good Job After 50: A step-by-step guide to job search success

How to Get a Good Job After 50 by Rupert French

U 50x66

How to Get a Good Job After 50 by Rupert French is a comprehensive guide for the over 50s job seeker. It is well constructed and written, enabling the job seeker to focus on the step by step actions required for a successful job search. The sections on creating a good resume, including dealing with the "challenging bits", and recognising then clearly expressing your achievements, are extremely valuable. This then flows onto how you can express your achievements in an interview, and how to prepare for an interview so you are confident and ready to show yourself in the best possible light. If a job seeker followed these steps they would find themselves standing out in their job applications. If they also followed the advice in the chapter on networking and research I believe they would be astounded at their success.

I particularly liked the author's recognition that getting the job you want over 50 can be a daunting task for many, and so a chapter is devoted to building and maintaining a strong self-image. Another outstanding feature is the appendix which has many pages of specimen resumes.

As an experienced career counsellor working with mature age job seekers I recognise this book as being a significant publication which I will be recommending to my clients.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Get a Good Job After 50.

Started Reading