Faouzia's Reviews > Storm of the Century: An Original Screenplay

Storm of the Century by Stephen King

Another very interesting, creepy, disturbing story by Mr Stephen King. I greatly enjoyed it, especially that it's written in an original style, different from the rest of his books.
In the edition i read, Mr King explained how he got the idea of this book and that the more he thought of it, the more he saw it as a movie and that's why he wrote as a movie script.

That's what caught me at the beginning. It was really interesting to picture the different scenes and characters, i mean i can usually picture in my head scenes when reading a book, but in this one the interesting thing was how the author made me Focus on certain details that i might have missed.
With every scene; i can imagine from what angle to see it, if i had to focus on a specific character, and it was great! It made me live the story!!

Now, the story itself was great!! The kind of story only Mr King can tell!
Trapped on an island, during the worst storm "the storm of the century"; with a murderer from a different kind! He turned himself to the constable and yet the killings didn't stop. The residents start to panic when this man, Andre Linoge, starts to tell them their deepest and worst secrets!!
Who is he?? how did he land on the island at such a time?? How did he know all those secrets?? and most important, what does he want??
The worst part starts when all he says is "Give me what i want and i'll go away"!!

A great book that i enjoyed and really recommend to my friends :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Storm of the Century.

July 25, 2015 – Started Reading
July 25, 2015 – Shelved
July 26, 2015 –
page 92
July 26, 2015 –
page 155
July 27, 2015 –
page 199
49.75% "Creepy!!!! Love it!"
July 29, 2015 –
page 263
July 30, 2015 –
page 353
July 30, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Christine (new)

Christine How unique, Faouzia! What a great review. Thank you for the recommendation. Will take a look.

message 2: by Faouzia (new) - added it

Faouzia Thanks Christine :) I thought it a good thriller/Horror! I hope you like it!