Gingercat's Reviews > Dear Darling

Dear Darling by Ellen Faith

U 50x66
Jul 25, 2015

Thank you to Ellen Faith and Chicks That Read for providing me with a copy of the book and for letting me be a part of the blog tour for the upcoming release of Dear Darling by Ellen Faith.

I should first admit that I have not read Ellen Faith's earlier offerings (although Learn to Love Again is waiting patiently on my Kindle!) and, as such, I was hugely excited to read Dear Darling. I love to try a new author, particularly one with such great reviews for her earlier release!

My first thought was that I really enjoyed Ellen's style of writing. I felt totally immersed in the story from the first page until the last. I finished the book in only two sittings as I simply could not bring myself to put it down. The story moved a long at a decent pace and was packed full to the brim. I loved the diary style of the book as it really allows us to hear Ellie's thoughts.

With regards to the characters, Ellie Darling is a great lead character! She is witty, sarcastic, realistic and has a great relationship with her thoroughly entertaining friends, Hannah and Gina. I could easily imagine myself sitting with my friends having similar conversations over a few glasses of vino. The girls' friendship is great to read about. Ellie is in a bit of a rut. She is in a deadend relationship with someone who is, quite frankly, a bit of an idiot. She lives in a grotty apartment and is frequently bothered by clients of the former inhabitant - a call girl! Life really isn't going well for her. Something needs to change. When Ellie and her boyfriend break up on Valentine's Day, that becomes the catalyst to Ellie jumping back into the dating scene.

Enter Ellie's new boss, Adam Donley. What can I say except, if only we all had bosses who look like him.... I was drawn to his cold and distant character, knowing that there would be something more interesting underneath. Obviously, his general hunkiness also made him pretty appealing ;) The only hurdle for Ellie comes courtesy of his bonkers Russian girlfriend, Saskia. However, Ellie and Adam have a chemistry that is difficult to ignore. Will they... won't they... You'll have to read the book to find out!

To summarise, this is a great story that did not leave me disappointed. It had drama, comedy, romance, friendship.... what more could I want in a book?! Definitely a recommended read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear Darling.

July 15, 2015 – Started Reading