Alissa's Reviews > Chords of Strength: A Memoir of Soul, Song and the Power of Perseverance

Chords of Strength by David Archuleta

2013476
Dec 10, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: biographies
Read in December, 2010

My main goal in reading this book was to find out if and what he talked about concerning the church. He dedicated nearly 2 whole chapters to that at the end of the book which I was really impressed by. He only mentioned the church by name once in the beginning and then was vague about some gospel elements, but I appreciated him talking about prayer and reading the scriptures. I am a pretty big fan of his, mostly because I saw him being such a positive role model to teen girls and boys alike. He is clean cut, a clean talker, etc. I was also really impressed when he expanded on his song choices from AI and in the future that he doesn't just want to sing cheesy love and breakup songs like everyone else, but that he wants to sing song that will inspire and lift people up. Good for him! Definitely written by a teenager, which was hard for me to keep going, but great to see how his fame is helping spread the gospel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chords of Strength.

06/15/2016 marked as: read