preppea's Reviews > Addicted to You

Addicted to You by Krista Ritchie

Wow. I’m so mad I waited until now to read ADDICTED TO YOU. I’m amazed at how different Lily’s perspective was from Rose’s in KISS THE SKY. I shouldn’t be; Rose and Lily are as different as two sisters can be. I guess I assumed that because it was written by the same authors, it would sound somewhat similar. But where KISS THE SKY came across witty and intelligent just like Rose, ADDICTED TO YOU is so much darker and full of self-doubt (just like Lily). Krista and Becca Ritchie truly captured the voice of their characters and told the story exactly as the character would have told it.

Lily and Lo have created the perfect system to hide their addictions from the world. They use each other as their alibi to hide the parts of themselves that no one else wants to see. Lo is able to continue drinking without letting on just how dangerous his drinking has become and Lily can have as many one night stands as she needs without anyone calling her a slut or knowing how addicted she is to sex. Lily and Lo have carried on their pretend relationship for so long that the lines between pretending and real have started to blur and Lily isn’t sure she still wants the relationship to be pretend.

When Lily and Lo begin to add people to their inner circle, complications arise and the chance for discovery becomes much more likely. They must question if the crutch they provide for each other truly benefits the other person or if they are enabling themselves right into a shallow grave.

Just as I loved Rose and Connor’s perspective in KISS THE SKY and Daisy AND Ryke’s in HOTHOUSE FLOWER, I truly adored getting to know Lily and Lo in ADDICTED TO YOU. I quickly came to understand the depth of love and devotion they have for each other. Lily and Lo are in such a low, dark place in ADDICTED TO YOU and yet I can’t help but see just how beautiful they could be if only they could find a way to conquer their addictions. I’m so impressed with the three books I’ve read by Krista and Becca Ritchie and I can’t wait to read more. I’m really grateful that not onl as well to indulge in my new Ritchie addiction!

**Complimentary copy provided by the author/publisher for an honest review.

**Reviewed by preppea on I ♥ Bookie Nookie Reviews.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Addicted to You.

November 1, 2013 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
November 1, 2013 – Shelved as: to-read-for-review (Kindle Edition)
November 1, 2013 – Shelved as: zz-netgalley (Kindle Edition)
March 25, 2014 – Shelved as: to-read-for-review (Kindle Edition)
July 24, 2015 – Started Reading
July 28, 2015 – Shelved as: zz-netgalley
July 28, 2015 – Shelved as: zz-reviewed
July 28, 2015 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Adrienh1 (new) - added it

Adrienh1 I've got this one too and I need to read it next. Loved your review.

preppea Thank you! I never realized how much I'd love Lily's perspective - it made me want to dive back into the series!!! Hope you enjoy!