Sasha Alsberg's Reviews > Paper Towns

Paper Towns by John Green

liked it

I enjoyed Paper Towns but did not love it as much as Johns other work. The ending was not as fulfilling as I hoped.
3.5/5 stars
Xx

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paper Towns.

July 23, 2015 – Started Reading
July 23, 2015 – Shelved
July 27, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)

Yannik Gordon You're finally reading it and i hope you like it

Samyuktha This is my favourite book .finally u are reading it

Gina Alexopoulou pleeease make a review video!

message 4: by Iv (new) - rated it 3 stars

Iv I agree! I read it last year and I was disappointed but I'll probably reread it

Quirks The ending was my favourite part! I guess it's because I can relate to Margo and because of that I can understand it's importance...

Robin has anyone here seen the movie that just came out? :)

message 7: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Have you read Looking for Alaska? It's my favourit of his books by far!

message 8: by Marina (new)

Marina Li I'm reading Paper Towns for the first time, and i'm not really into it either, it's kinda boring..... Hopefully it'll get better

Chelsea Yes, I thought this was so anticlimactic! All this build up, and an ending that didn't pay off.

Andrew Woodham I loved it but I can see your reasoning. I wish the ending was different but I was happy with the overall book. See the movie because it's amazing!!!!

Laura I am really looking forward to reading the book - Hope I'll like it or at least won't be too disappointed.

Amelia That's exactly what I thought.

Gulcea I am going to read it after I finish Throne of Glass. I want to read it before I see the movie. I hope I will like it.

message 14: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra Sanchez I couldn't even finish it, maybe one day I will but for now I'm just going to see the movie.

Absentmindex I liked it, but Looking for Alaska is better

Dayna Cunningham I agree. It was my least favourite book by him.

Shannon I must be the only one that actually loved the ending. I thought it was perfect for Margo & Quentin's characters! It was thought-provoking & surprising. I loved it. I also really enjoyed the movie adaptation!

message 18: by Ting (new)

Ting Lin It's still in my TBR..... I really need to read it

ExlibrisAlex Absolurely! The ending was too anti-climactic for me, too. I tried to reread it before the movie comes out here in Germany, but I couldn't do it. I had to put it down.

Kat Ruthanne I was so bored during it if it were not that short I would not have been able to read it :P

message 21: by Ryan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ryan Rayburn I think the ending of the movie was a much better ending (even though I was sad that it was different from the book) I loved it.

message 22: by Kat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kat That's what I thought too. It was fun but not mind-blowing

Josefine My favorite Green book. Personally, I thought the ending was perfect.

Claire I thought the same thing too!

message 25: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Robin wrote: "has anyone here seen the movie that just came out? :)"

Bella I didn't really like the ending too... It wasn't really what I had expected...

Robin I agree with what everyone is saying here. It wasn't my favourite John Green book - I did enjoy Looking For Alaska and TFIOS better, BUT Paper Towns the movie is actually a lot better than I thought it would be - there are HILARIOUS parts and I really enjoyed it so - WATCH THE MOVIE PEOPLE! :)

Georgia Low The ending confused me! Did she stay or did she leave??

message 29: by Ryan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ryan Rayburn Georgia- she technically stayed. When Q goes back to Orlando she doesn't go with him, she goes off on another "adventure." They both left Agloe and went different directions.

message 30: by Ryan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Robin Yes that's right. Honestly in the movie I didn't actually like the main characters. Q was alright, but I didn't like Margo. Although I guess she's not a very likeable characters. His friends were hilarious though!

Robin The pee scene in the car! Absolutely hilarious :D

message 33: by Shreya (new)

Shreya I haven't read this book yet. has been in my tbr shelf since ages! though I loved the fault in our stars and looking for alaska to bits!

Robin Same! I love TFIOS although it's so sad it's so good! Looking For Alaska was also really addictive :)

A K S Yeah the ending sucked. But the rest of the book omg, I loved it!

Kaylee I know!

Sabrine Balti totally what i thought after reading this book

Holly I completely agree about the ending. I feel as though there was a big build up and then it was kind of disappointing. Still a great book though!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

I LOVE THAT BOOK AND I WACHED THE MOVIE ON THE FIRST DAY IT WAS OUT......

Irini I finished this book yesterday and I feel exactly the same

Tankangel After I finished this book, I sadly lost my interest in the movie:( I really didn't like it at all.

Marta I finished this book today and the ending really was dissapointing but the book is really good. I am going to see the movie on Tuesday yay tomorow that is bc it's 00:13

Sanjana I also agree with you too, Sasha

Melissa Gonzalez Sasha I was also expecting more at the ending.

Rodrigo Torres I agree Sasha the ending was not what I expected at all.

HeyItsMono The ending was also not the best at all

Julia Part of the reason this book is so great is because there isn't a perfect farie tale ending. The ending is up to your imagination. Maybe they find each other again 10 years later and end up married or maybe they remember each other as the one who got away. It's not decided instantly you have to contemplate it just like Quinten does.

Michelle sasha, you are awesome, however, seriously? I just finished Paper Towns and it was epic, like seriously everything a good book should be: funny, mysterious, inspirational, thought provoking and reanalizes how we see each other! seriously don't be a hater it's amazing.

message 49: by Alsuraf (new)

Alsuraf https://sitegustaleer.wordpress.com nuevas publicaciones, yo estoy enganchada!!

Allie Rahman I agree. It might have to do with the fact that it was one of his earlier works. You can tell that his writing has improved. I felt that the ending was rushed. Would have left me with a much heavier heart if it was well executed.

« previous 1