Nathan's Reviews > Close Range: Wyoming Stories

Close Range by Annie Proulx

There are two more volumes of Wyoming Stories. I'm pretty excited about that!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Close Range.

July 23, 2015 – Started Reading
July 23, 2015 – Shelved
July 23, 2015 –
50.0% ""A murderer she might be, but no one could say her house wasn't clean.""
July 23, 2015 –
60.0% ""There was bull hair in his mouth, His arm was being pulled from its socket. It went on and on.""
July 23, 2015 –
63.0% "Finished: Half-Skinned Steer, The Mud Below, People in Hell Just Want a Drink of Water, A Lonely Coast and 55 Miles to the Gas Pump. Proulx is a goddess of the short story from."
July 24, 2015 –
July 24, 2015 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Sarah In the second story, the one with the guy named Diamond, I wanted that SOB to die some sort of horrible and gruesome death. Getting gored in the groin would have been perfectly appropriate :)

Nathan Yeah...at least he loses his fifty dollar shirt. That one was up there among the best in the collection for me. I thought Diamond was a well-created character, even though he was a pretty awful person. I thought the description of the action in the bull riding parts was really good.

Sarah It was really good. He was really awful though and he was making me sick to my stomach. 'Job History' has been my favorite so far. I also liked the one with the two families with Ras. Both of those stories show how random the rise and fall of fortunes could be. Job History was particularly powerful for me.