Angie's Reviews > The One

The One by Kiera Cass

bookshelves: audio, fantasy-romance, young-adult
Read 2 times. Last read April 27, 2018 to April 30, 2018.

My Re-Read Review (April 2018): I have been re-reading this series with a non-reader family member, unfortunately I didn't take as much time with this book as I have with the others and wasn't able to pick up some of the tiny details like before. I did still really enjoy this book again, it is still a super fast read with lots of action and development. I found myself liking Celeste more than the first time around and liking Kriss a lot less this time. As before I am so beyond frustrated with Aspen and America's relationship but I did notice the shift in the relationship from Aspen's perspective more this time. I was still thoroughly entertained by this book and am looking forward to reading the rest of the series soon!

Synopsis: "The time has come for one winner to be crowned.

When she was chosen to compete in the Selection, America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the end of the competition approaches, and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants."

My Review (January 2016): While I know what happens in the end of this book since The Heir is already out, it was still an exciting book to read. It was possibly the fastest moving book in the series with a lot more action and plot movement. Secrets come out, decisions are made, dangers are faced, losses are felt, and more. I think this might be the best book in the series and really enjoyed the development of the characters (especially after reading all the novellas and learning a little bit more about each of the main characters). I would however have liked to know more about Kriss. While I want to follow America and Maxon more, I feel like this could have been a good conclusion, I would have been satisfied with the end here, but The Heir is already out and ready to be read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The One.

July 23, 2015 – Shelved