Bonnie G.'s Reviews > Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk: A Modest Bestiary

Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk by David Sedaris

Dec 09, 2010

did not like it
bookshelves: funny-books, surreaaaal

This book shouldn't have happened. It's embarrassing. Maybe one day I'll look at it and go it's brilliant! But I seriously doubt it. Instead, his publisher, editor, agent should be fired. Have you guys seen Willow? Yeah it was TERRIBLE- and Lucas, Speilberg and Ron Howard did that movie TOGETHER. DO you know what happens when too many colors blend together- it turns to brown. TO shit. This book is mediocre. Charles Adams did a much better job than this will ever be, and I love David. I do. Why does Amy Sedaris know how to serve Kitsch and David doesn't? B/c she is passionate about it- this is just a literary exercise in time for the holidays, with bookstores crossing their fingers hoping for a Santaland Diaries success. I stopped at teh Faithful setter and I got this book from the library- and it will not be renewed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk.

Finished Reading
December 9, 2010 – Shelved
December 9, 2010 – Shelved as: funny-books
December 9, 2010 – Shelved as: surreaaaal

message 1: by camilla (new)

camilla Ahh that's too bad. I don't really plan on reading this but when he read from it at Changing Hands I laughed so hard I almost cried.

Bonnie G. My friend Lauren said when he read it, it was hysterical but just reading them falls flat. Maybe I'll try the audio?

Alena Mkva Really? I laughed a few times. It was a quick read and it was... not the usual Sedaris, but entertaining enough. DANG BONNIE, that's cold.