Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R's Reviews > Succubus Shadows

Succubus Shadows by Richelle Mead

Dec 08, 2010

bookshelves: pnr-fantasy, whatever-evil-mead
Read from February 28 to March 02, 2011

** spoiler alert ** My very First Spoiler,but I have lots of frustrations.So I'm making up for not writing anything for the rest of this series!

WHAT HAPPENED?!?

I'm at total lost for words! At first I thought the first 2 novels were okay.I got to learn & love a few characters. Like right off hand,I feel in love with Carter & Hugh! What's not to love about them? It would have been nice for Carter to have a forbidden love romance,and Hugh to find a special someone.That was a little disappointing,outta all people cute little Cody finds himself a broad! Anyways,back to my feelings..... "Then......,Wham,Wack,Bam!" The 3rd novel made me feel as if my feelings got totally Bitch Slapped!

I loved Georgina in every novel,she wasn't a pathetic Heroine at all;but the man she chose to love,is not my Cup of Hero! I tried to pull my heart to like and love that bastard but I just couldn't. If and when I cried my eyes out in the previous book,it was because I love Georgina and I didn't like the heartache and pain she was feeling. I mean,Yeah I know,she's a succubus demon and she needs to shag every once in and steal peoples souls & lessen their human years to get an energy boost to live. But she has her reasons,that's how she lives. But for her to tell Seth,he can sleep around with anyone to take care of his sexual fix,DID NOT mean to screw someone she was close too!! Again He's a Bastard! I don't care what good deeds he's done,especially in this novel.If It weren't for Seth,Georgina would have not made it outta that sick twisted realm.Other than that,I could care less otherwise.Once again Screw him! I think adding Seth to this series was a huge mistake!

For instance,why Couldn't Georgina have a Hate & Love Relationship with Roman? Now that is what I call a real MAN! A man willing to man up! One day he wants to kill her and the next he actually shows his affection and love with everything he has to her.But it wasn't enough!! Why? Why not Roman? The last scene when Roman,shows up to their apartment with flowers for Georgie, my heart swelled into a huge puffball. I thought "Yes,Yes,Yes,This it it" But when he seen She was leaving to go find Seth, my heart shattered.Once again I cried my eyes out,but this time it was for Roman =( I was hoping and wishing Georgie will just give up on Seth and just see what was standing right in front of her. *Still Crying*. Ugh! I'm trying to have a little faith that maybe just maybe a small change of heart will happen in the next novel.

I don't know what else to say rather then keep ranting about how much I Loath Seth.But I really loved this series(minus the Seth) I know I'm gonna have to accept if Georgina's HEA is with Seth,but it doesn't mean I have to like it. I'm actually a little sad and disappointed;but I'll move onto another series and never re-read this one again. Have I ever mentioned,how much I despise crying? Yup that's what this series did too poor little me =( Then again in a sick twisted way,I couldn't put down the novels and stop reading.I loved them! I don't regret reading this series and I certainly can not wait for the next release!

BTW,If it turns out that Georgina's ex-husband is Seth reincarnated,I'm still gonna hate the bastard but I'll have a soft spot for her ex-hubby,it's not his fault Seth is an Asshole! =D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Succubus Shadows.

Rhonda Alright Chica!!! you'll be ready for the last book when it comes out. I can't wait for you to finish this one. I want to know your thoughts.

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Yes! I finally made it to the 5th book, lolz! It took me long enough Yeesh! Ahahaha..

I haven't begun reading it yet & I'm already wishing the next release was out. Lol! I'm such an impatient person. :) Omg! Wait! No!!! Rhonda, the next book is the last one? It can't be!! I feel like I just started this series :(

Rhonda Last one! You'll wasn't it to be. I'm ticked that Dark Swan is only gonna be 4 books.

message 5: by Rhonda (last edited Mar 02, 2011 11:48AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rhonda Oh thank GOD!!! Finally a like mind. Usually the people I talk to about this book, find a way to like and de fend Seth. Not me!!! By the time I got to the end of this book, I couldn't be happy. I'm so over Seth! But I will gladly read the mercy book.

message 6: by Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R (last edited Mar 02, 2011 12:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R I tried to like him so much Rhonda. But after everything that went down with him,I lost touch somewhere in the last novel.At the end of this book when they give into having sex. I didn't feel that love & devotion that should have been between them,it wasn't there for me at all.

I think the only reason why some might say people might like Seth,is cause Mead is good at swaying her readers. LOLZ! But not me =( Sad to say,but true!

Now I'll get into defense Mood if someone goes up against Roman! ahahahahaah....

Rhonda Lol!! I lost touch with Seth in book 3, I keep hoping her hubby is Carter, and his price to pay is having too watch Eugenie be what she is. I know I'm grasping at straws

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Me Too! I wish Carter had a bigger role in this series! He just made me crumble whenever he appeared! LOL! Damn! I guess this whole series had everyone's mind running in circles with possibilities. Now we won't know anything for sure till the next one. YIKES! =D lolz!

Rhonda August, I think

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ Poor Seth, on the receiving end of Elena's wrath LOL. I loved reading your review girl!
Although I actally like Seth -don't throw things at me!- I absolutely and completely understand your frustration with the whole Roman thing. I actually really freaking LOVe Roman, and hey, if Georgie doesn't want him, he's always welcome in my bed! ;D That's how I like to see things LOL. And I wish just because I want him to be happy too, Roman would find someone too, not fucking Maddie though. I hate that bitch!

message 11: by Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R (last edited Mar 13, 2011 01:04PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R LMAO! Gokce I've missed you and your sarcasm! At least you understand my feelings for the bastard =P LOL! No worries everyone is entitled to their own opinions.At least we agree on Roman. ahahaha...He's welcome in my bed too as long as you don't get stingy! =D

Oh HELL NO! If Roman ends up with Maddie,then by all means I'm frying my e-reader!!! LOL! OMG! Why did you say that Gokce. Now I'm thinking really hard about that...Grrr...The images and thoughts that are running through my mind are chaotic! I....NEED....THE ....NEXT....Boook! LOL!

Gokce ~Muslin Myst~ Elenaaaaa!!! I missed youuu!! I've been having fucking computer problems, I could hardly get online cause it's freaking me out with blacking out!

Haha! Poor Seth, really. Girl, we can share Roman, I'm sure he'd like that ;D Damn, where's our own naughty Nephilim?

LMAO!! Don't you dare picture them, woman! No Maddie! I hate that bitch, I don't care if she's Doug's sis, and I kinda like Doug, but really, Maddie just needs to go. Where are the evil demons or vamps or whatever to kill her and/or drain her??!!

Jodie Omg. I know, I love Carter too! I'm a bit behind the times (sorry girls. I bet you are way over this one by now!), I'm tempted to go and search for any spoilers I can to find out what the go is with him. Ps. I am also a little bit in love with Roman... :)

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Jodie wrote: "Omg. I know, I love Carter too! I'm a bit behind the times (sorry girls. I bet you are way over this one by now!), I'm tempted to go and search for any spoilers I can to find out what the go is wit..."

LOL!!!! Do NOT go looking for spoilers everything will be revealed in the last book which is soooooo worth it,I'm not gonna keep teasing you LOL!! =P But continue the series it gets better. Carter and Roman and if my memory serves me correctly,I still hate Seth! ahahahahahaah!!!