Subhan M's Reviews > Under a War-Torn Sky

Under a War-Torn Sky by L.M. Elliott

U 50x66
Dec 08, 2010

liked it

This book really could have been better than it turned out to be. The story was all like here and there, the main character Henry didn't seem like a military Lieutenent at all. He acted like some random civilian who just happened to pop up in Europe where the Nazis and other enemies were. This story takes place in the 40's, WW2. I won't spoil it, but you'll tell instantly when Henry encounters Germans he has absolutely no idea how to fight, which I'm starting to find really annoying now in books and movies. There are actually moments in the book where to make sure you still remember he's a guy in the mlitary the book stops and points out he's a U.S soldier. I stoped buying it after the third time about being a soldier. despite all my negative comments on this book, It does open up with an exciting B-24 bomber fight sequence which did keep me reading. If you're board and you know have absolutely nothing to do, I think this book would keep you busy, I mean I've read worse.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under a War-Torn Sky.

December 8, 2010 – Started Reading
December 8, 2010 – Shelved
February 9, 2011 –
page 288
100.0% "only an o.k book"
February 9, 2011 – Finished Reading