Jessica's Reviews > Blackmailed By The Hero

Blackmailed By The Hero by Julie Particka

bookshelves: 2015-reading-challenge, adult-fiction, arc-or-netgalley, contemporary, fiction, series, review

See more of my reviews on my blog Thoughts At One In The Morning.

My Thoughts:

I read Tempting Her Fake Fiancé, the first book in the Gone Hollywood series, last year and enjoyed it thoroughly. It was driving me nuts waiting on the next book in the series, but it was worth the wait to read Vicky and Dante's story. The two of them have known each other for years--he's her brother's best friend and has been off limits. So when Vicky plans on sneaking into a random guy's room after a spontaneous invite and finds out she's in Dante's bed instead? Talk about instant panic mode! Instead of letting it go, Dante decides to blackmail Vicky, which leads to exactly what they've been trying to avoid all these years. It's kind of hard to deny themselves of the sizzling chemistry...so they don't. But considering who they are to each other, where can this relationship go?

Blackmailed by the Hero is a humorous and fun romance. I loved how strong Vicky was--doing everything she can to make something of herself on her own after a divorce. And how much Dante cares about Vicky, you can see it in his willingness to do anything he can for her. The two of them together is a powerful combination, and definitely made for a great romantic tale. Can't wait for more by Julie Particka!

My Rating: Very Good

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blackmailed By The Hero.

July 20, 2015 – Started Reading