Darcy's Reviews > Face of Danger

Face of Danger by Roxanne St. Claire

Dec 07, 2010

bookshelves: 2011, romance, law-enforcement
Read from May 25 to 26, 2011

Since this series has started I have been waiting for this book. Vivi is a such a fun and larger than life character. I loved how she bullies her family, how she single handedly got them all to buy into her vision, The Guardian Angelinos. Being able to see the whole family work together is the biggest appeal of these books. They all are so different, but have such a fierce love for each other you can't help but to love them. Especially the odd ball aspects, Uncle Nino, everyone should have someone like him to be there for them.

In the last book Vivi and Lang were dancing around each other, so I was happy to see that they were the focus of this book. I was surprised to learn the secrets that both of them had been keeping. Although after knowing them their personalities do make more sense as do their issues they had have with each other. Their flirting was fun, I loved how they would call each other out on their idiosyncrasies. Vivi's strip tease on the plane was quite the surprise too, I sure didn't think she would take it as far as she did.

The mystery part of the book was meh, to me. Yes it did need to happen so Vivi and Lang were thrown together in the events they were, but I to me it was very secondary.

I also loved that it seems like Gabe is back, I can only hope that he will get the next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Face of Danger.

05/25/2011 page 129
34.0% "I love Vivi and how she can annoy Lang!"