Jo's Reviews > Off Limits

Off Limits by Bethany Shaw

bookshelves: ebooks, pnr

** spoiler alert ** No! It can't be over already! I loved Bethany Shaw's The Best Mistake and I truly think this one topped that. This is the second book I have read by Shaw and so far they have been delightful to read. I only wish I would've known about her sooner! I'm definitely going to reading the first two books in this series now. I'm bummed I didn't get to read them before reading this one, but I wanted to be sure I reviewed this book asap. I completely understood this book as a stand-alone, but I think there is just going to be that much more I understand once I've read the first two. I just might have to read this one again when I'm finished with those. I'll see it through new eyes and I won't have this horrible sinking feeling when Xander and Eden decide to go back. Seriously, it was awful, but part of that could also be the timing. I needed to get to sleep for work in the morning, but didn't want to leave myself with such suspense but also didn't know how much longer I'd need to read to be assured of their safety out of the building. Since then I have looked at continuing with equal parts apprehension and excitement. I knew it would end well, but I didn't want to have to see them get caught, have awful things done to them (because now they're actually a mated pair and all), and for them to have to escape again. I was thrilled that they were made it out without being horribly scathed, but it was still so awful to have to go in there again. Having to observe all of the unfortunate shifters that were beyond help (again) was awful. The fact that they got out with the teens definitely didn't such though. I was happy about that. I found myself strongly connecting to the characters without really realizing it (until now, honestly). Looking back, I was completely roped in, making the journey with Xander and Eden, feeling their pain, anger, joy, love, sadness, and so many other emotions (but to a far lesser extent than I imagine the actual characters were feeling; it's not like I> was being tortured by Hunters or fighting for my life against, well, darn near everybody or having various devices cut out of my arms without (or even with) anesthesia). I would recommend this book to anybody looking for romance, action, and/or a mild dose of non-human. I love the book and I hope you do too. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Off Limits.

July 19, 2015 – Started Reading